Visionary for Application Security Testing in the Magic Quadrant 2021
Rapid7, Inc. (NASDAQ: RPD), a leading provider of security analytics and automation, today announced that it has been recognized by Gartner as a Visionary in Application Security Testing in the 2021 Magic Quadrant.
Because developers need to deploy applications at the speed of devops across remote and distributed workers, this makes modern application environments more complex and difficult to secure. Application security requires strong cross-functional collaboration between groups responsible for security, software development, and operations, as well as the ability to scale quickly and provide timely insights into the current state of activity. Rapid7’s industry-leading Application security portfolio, part of the comprehensive security operations platform, provides users with a seamless experience and generates application security insights for key stakeholders across the software delivery lifecycle (SDLC) to quickly address vulnerabilities and reduce risk.
“Last year’s unique challenges have provided companies with new opportunities to invest in their applications – while highlighting the need for greater security,” said Cindy Stanton, Senior Vice President, Vulnerability Risk Management at Rapid7. “We have recognized the growing desire for an application security portfolio that seamlessly provides the collaboration and visibility needed to protect modern application environments. We are honored to be recognized by Gartner for our application security achievements and look forward to continuing to deliver innovative experiences that ensure enterprise security.“
Rapid7 is known for its growing portfolio of solutions that meet modern application security requirements. This portfolio includes application monitoring and protection capabilities through its next – generation tCell RASP and WAF services, as well as infrastructure-as-code (IaC) scanning, workload protection, and cloud security status management. The company also recently announced a partnership with Snyk to provide SCA & SAST to secure modern applications during the development phase.
In addition , InsightAppSec, Rapid7’s industry-leading DAST solution, offers customers:
- provides an overview of application risks and provides expert troubleshooting guidance that prioritizes outcomes so development teams can focus on the most critical risks.
- a dynamic application vulnerability scanning tool with low false positive status and high coverage that scans any modern application to find vulnerabilities
- Best-in-class attack templates that quickly identify the OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities; these templates also leverage insights from the global Metasploit community and Rapid7’s own threat research .
- extensive reporting capabilities to help meet and resolve regulatory standards such as OWASP, PCI-DSS, and HIPAA, as well as reporting for leadership and leadership teams.
- integration with Web Application Firewalls (WAFs) to automatically generate virtual patching rules and support vulnerability remediation.