In order to send encrypted mails between Outlook users, only a few clicks are required. […]
You can encrypt Outlook emails as you wish. This was only possible with the web version in 2020, meanwhile you can also do this with the desktop version of Outlook / Office 365.
- Click the New Email button.
- In the menu bar at the top, go to Options.
- Here you will now find the Encrypt option.
- If you click on the lock icon, the Encrypt only option is automatically selected.
- Click on the small down arrow at Encrypt, you will get more options. The following options are available: Encrypt only, Do not forward, Strictly Confidential / all employees and Confidential / all employees.
- Outlook recipients can read this email but cannot remove the encryption.
And this is what it looks like when the recipient receives an e-mail that is both encrypted and must not be forwarded (c) Screenshot/PCtipp.ch
Outlook/Office 365 is
- Create a new message.
- At the top of the menu buttons, click Encrypt.
- Write your message and send the mail. Outlook recipients can read this email but cannot remove the encryption.