Despite all the advantages, there are still concerns about the Cloud, especially in the ERP area. Experts discuss opportunities and possibilities, but also challenges, fears and risks. […]
Cloud solutions offer many advantages: You can rent software solutions, infrastructure and computing power as required, automatically receive updates, employees can access cloud solutions anywhere at any time, scale cloud solutions, up-and downgrading is possible quickly and last but not least: Expensive investments in hardware equipment are eliminated, the internal IT department is relieved. But despite all these advantages, there is still skepticism and concern, for example, especially in the ERP area, experts estimate that only about ten percent of domestic companies source their ERP solutions as SaaS via public cloud – see our COMPUTER WORLD ERP expert panel from May 18 –
Reasons for cloud skepticism are still data availability and data sovereignty, but security concerns and fears of dependence on cloud service providers and hyperscalers are still heard.
Live broadcast here on 15.6.2021 from 10:00 am
- T-Systems, Alexander Bruckner, Public Cloud Sales Expert
- Oracle, Johannes Dobretsberger, Marketing Director
- Starface, Reinhard Hable, Country Manager Austria
- IBM, Marco Porak, Technology Unit Leader
- TechData, Ralf Stadler, Director Business Unit Security Solution Practice / Mobility / IoT & amp; Analytics.
- TrendMicro, Michael Schweiger, Regional Director for Switzerland and Austria
- UBIT WKO, Martin Zandonella, Chairman Deputy Association UBIT
- Zühlke Austria, Bernhard Zimmermann, Director Of Business Development
Moderator and editor: Christine Wahlmüller-Schiller, COMPUTERWELT Editor
Previous panels of experts to Look at https://computerwelt.at/video