Also in the popular video service Zoom you can choose a background – or upload your own pictures. With studio effects, you can also give yourself a beard or lipstick, for example. […]
If you would like to set your own background or use studio effects in the Zoom video calling software, proceed as follows:
- Log in to Zoom (mobile app, desktop or web version).
- Go to the settings. In the desktop version, you can find it, for example, via the gear icon at the top right.
- Web version: Click first on Settings, then on Meeting (Advanced). Then scroll down to the Virtual Background menu item. If not already active, press the slider.
- Desktop version: Here you select the menu item Background & Filter.
- Click on one of the virtual backgrounds, as well as on Download.
- You can also change the color or spice up a virtual background you are using. To do this, go to Video filters. With the above options, such as Boost, Noir or Cinnamon, you can change the selected wallpaper according to your taste. In addition, there are now some funny filters such as Corgi Love, Meet Happy, Lights or Analog Television. A preview of the virtual background is displayed above.
- To upload your own pictures – or videos – click on the small, discreet plus icon under Background & Filters. For example, if your camera is set to 16:9, Zoom recommends using an image of 1280 × 720 pixels or 1920 × 1080 pixels.
- You can download more backgrounds from this link.
- For big game kids: Click Studio Effects below. There you can miss other eyebrows or a muzzle or beard or even lipstick. This is quite entertaining, but looks pretty Fasnacht-moderately painted, for example, with lipstick in 2022.
Settings in the Zoom web version (c) Screenshot/PCtipp.ch
Note: This was done using a Windows 10 device and Zoom desktop version 5.9.7.