Anyone who hires new IT specialists should rely on a mix of different recruiting methods and know when it is worthwhile, for example, to use AI or to seek external help. […]
Based on the experience from some projects in the last few months, the following tips can help to recruit IT professionals.
- Before you place ads on the major job portals, analyze the Target very accurate. What are your specific needs, what career development opportunities are really attractive to you and could encourage you to change jobs. Use these insights specifically in the ads so that they clearly stand out from those of other companies.
- Involve acquaintances IT Influencerswho personally get in touch with IT candidates and introduce their company. This can also create an expert exchange between the influencer and possible IT talents, which at the same time subtly brings your company into conversation and arouses the interest of the candidates. In order to identify the right IT influencers, special IT recruiting companies can help you. This saves time and guarantees that the influencers used really reach the desired target group.
- It is best to contact IT professionals where they are online. These are certain IT Forums – like Reddit or Github. Here, too, you should first analyze exactly in which forums the talents you are looking for for your specific job requirements inform and exchange information.
- Simplify this Application process for the candidates. If they express their interest in the open position with just a few clicks and are guided through the process fully automatically and digitally, you can apply for a position “on the go”.
- Build your company as a brand that also appeals specifically to IT professionals and bring this brand to Communication measures permanently in conversation. Make it a priority that appreciation plays a particularly important role in your company. Involve “real” colleagues from the company and the CEO in recruiting communication, which creates trust and credibility. Highlight important values of the company that new colleagues can identify with. And also talk about the vision of the company.
- If you also want to do active sourcing in your recruiting project, then bind Experten one that you either build up yourself in the company or commission externally. Because active sourcing must be learned when it comes to using sourcing hacks or special search engines. If you want to be successful in active sourcing, you should also have extensive communication experience and trend knowledge, as well as be able to react agile, situationally and individually.
- Do you renounce in response to an address via Xing or LinkedIn, IT talents receive up to twenty inquiries a day and will most likely not respond.
- When approaching candidates, pay close attention to your Choice of words and tone, who appears too demanding and impatient, will not have success in addressing. Therefore, refrain from phrases like “Have you already had time to read my message?”I tried to reach her twice.” “A week ago I…”
*Katharina Pratesi is a founding partner and CPO of Brandmonks and has more than ten years of experience in the HR/recruiting environment.