Helmwave has finally come of age. I’m telling you what’s new.
For those who missed it. Helmwave is a binar for managing your helms. Something like docker-compose for docker images. So is helmwave for helm chart.
A dark theme has appeared.
Many examples have appeared. Typos have been fixed.
Comparison with analogues. Updated the information and brought it to the documentation from the readme.
Analogs also do not stand still. They are also updated and add features. We don’t always know where and what feature has already appeared. Thanks to everyone for the tips.
I am glad to present a working github action. Which allows you to install helmwave.
name: CI on: push: jobs: external: runs-on: ubuntu-latest steps: - uses: actions/checkout@v2 - uses: email@example.com name: Install helmwave with: version: '0.18.0' - run: helmwave --version - run: helmwave yml - run: helmwave up --build
Now finally snake_case.
version: 0.17.1 project: my-project releases: - name: my-release chart: name: my-chart-repo/my-app values: - values.yml namespace: my-namespace createnamespace: true
version: 0.18.0 project: my-project releases: - name: my-release chart: name: my-chart-repo/my-app values: - values.yml namespace: my-namespace create_namespace: true
helmwave build compares it with the live environment.
There is also a separate command to compare the plan with the live environment
helmwave diff live and to compare two local plans
helmwave diff plan --plandir1 .helmwave1 --plandir2 .helmwave2.
$ helmwave diff -h NAME: helmwave diff - 🆚 Show Differences USAGE: helmwave diff command [command options] [arguments...] COMMANDS: plan plan1 🆚 plan2 live plan 🆚 live
Added an annotation, if there is one, helmwave will not show its diff. Convenient if you have secrets. Or if you don’t want to see all resources change.
The request for such functionality came in our telegram chat
Turns off the color for the diff and almost turns off the emoji.
- New flag
--progresshelm’s progress (such and such a resource in such and such an upgrade state) used to be only on the debag loglevel, now you can flag it explicitly.
- New flag
--log-timestampsenables timestamps for logs.
- The error of updating dependencies for charts that do not lie locally in the file system was removed from the logs.
- There are more fields for understanding what the log refers to.
- The error description has become bigger – there are more nested errors, it should be easier to debug
- helm 3.8.0
- The template engine (sprig/gomplate) can be selected with the flag
- Best Practices Badge Program. Updated templates for issues. Added Security Reports. Scan the code and docker images using trivy and snyk. For the rapid detection of vulnerabilities.
- Updating linters, packages, dependencies, configs.
- Perhaps I forgot to tell you about something 🙂
Come and see the asterisk on the github. Thanks.