Common software Composition Analysis Tool
New JFrog Xray integrations with ServiceNow Lightstep Incident Response and Spoke help IT and SRE teams proactively secure the software supply chain
JFrog, the “liquid software” company and developer of the JFrog DevOps Platform, introduces new integrations for JFrog Xray with the Lightstep Incident Response from ServiceNow and Spoke products for IT Service Management. The integrations with ServiceNow now offer IT managers real-time insights into security vulnerabilities and compliance problems in order to enable the necessary team members from across the company to react faster and more effectively as quickly as possible.
“Given the high speed of today’s business processes, successfully securing the software supply chain requires efficient, cross-team collaboration to resolve security incidents in a timely manner,” says Shlomi Ben Haim, Co-Founder and CEO of JFrog . “Our integration with ServiceNow aims to transform the relationship between developers and the rest of the company to maintain the speed and frequency of releases while avoiding downtime and loss of trust with end customers.”
The new integration allows IT teams to proactively address security issues before they become serious problems. The combination of JFrog Xray and ServiceNow provides a robust Software Composition Analysis (SCA) tool that can quickly scan binary files for vulnerabilities and violations of internal licensing requirements and then pass these findings on to the appropriate departments in the company. This solution is unique in that it helps DevOps engineers, Site Reliability Engineers (SREs), IT system administrators and others to create, deploy, run and monitor applications effortlessly and securely in a single view. It also enables real-time security alerts and insights with assigned actions across all the tools, people, and processes needed for timely problem resolution.
Provision of incident Response & enterprise-wide workflow design for security incidents
The identification and effective response to malicious attacks must go beyond business units and operational functions. By improving real-time visibility, collaboration, and communication between the company’s security and IT teams, JFrog Xray ServiceNow integrations ensure faster responses to emerging security threats.
The integration with Lightstep Incident Response brings the following advantages for developers, SREs and security administrators:
- Monitor, collect and respond to license compliance and security vulnerabilities affecting the software supply chain at all stages of the software development and life cycle.
- Streamline vulnerability response by bringing in the right team members within the organization for faster remediation.
In addition, JFrog Xray Spoke enables IT operations staff to:
- Generation of reports for violations of the guidelines and creation of “ignore rules”. Builds can be scanned again and custom element properties can be added.
- Automate workflows that meet audit requirements and avoid legal consequences for improper use of code segments from the open source community.
- Early detection of problems in the development pipeline of applications and integration of solutions for change management.